Friday, March 20, 2009

Censorshit

Hello,
I spotted your user name and have made the decision that it does not meet our general guidelines for good taste. I have changed it to U-Nation. I hope this will not be a problem.

I received this e-mail from a website I joined due to my interest in their content. I felt like sharing this because this is the first time "Good Taste" disqualified Urination from the lexicon. I could even kind of understand if my name had been Piss Nation, but it's not is it, it's a joke. I started a punk band just to use the name, because it's not really dirty at all, it's not crass, it's a joke on The UN, and it's a joke on the rhyming scheme and depending on how you feel about the nation you live in, it's a joke on that as well. The worst part about it is that whenever someone says something like "Good Taste" or "Common Decency" or "Greater Good", they assume for you, they never ask you anything, they just decide what's best for all the rest, and apparently it's best to hold in your pee.

In the end though it's just censorshit.

Sincerely,
U-Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment